- This event has passed.
Conversation with Books
May 10, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm CDT$20.00
Welcome to our 21st Conversation with Books!
Panelists include St. Catherine University Professor of English Kristen Lillvis, Ph.D., the first Mary Alice Muellerleile ’60 Endowed Chair; Friends member Ruth Haag Brombach; and Judie Martens Flahavan.
You’ll find their discussion lively and engaging, whether you’ve already read the books or are listening for ideas about which book to choose next. The program will follow the order given below.
Fiction and non-fiction:
- Honoree Fanonne Jeffers, The Love Songs of W.E.B. Du Bois. HarperCollins, 2021.
- Hanif Abdurraqib, A Little Devil in America: Notes in Praise of Black Performance. Random House, 2021.
- Diane Wilson, The Seed Keeper. Milkweed Editions, 2021.
- Gwen Nell Westerman, Follow the Blackbirds. Michigan State University Press, 2013.
Additional fiction and non-fiction:
- Staci Lola Drouillard, Walking the Old Road: A People’s History of Chippewa City and the Grand Marais Anishinaabe. University of Minnesota Press, 2019.
- Elizabeth McCracken, The Souvenir Museum: Stories. Ecco, 2021.
- Louise Erdrich, The Sentence. Harper, 2021.
This event is offered on Zoom, so you and your friends can take part in it from any location.
Join us—and support the SPCO by supporting the Friends!
Tickets: $20 per household. Purchase online or by mail; if possible, please purchase by noon on May 9. Your link to join will be sent approximately 24 hours before the event.