The Friends of the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra is a volunteer organization governed by a Board of Directors elected from the membership. There is no paid staff. Dedicated and talented volunteers plan and present all programs and activities.
Friends can choose to:
- work with musicians and staff in the Start the Music or Xplorchestra programs for children at the SPCO Center on select Saturdays.
- help plan and take part in the Welcome Back Luncheon in the fall and/or the Appreciation Luncheon in the spring, held in the SPCO Center for the musicians and SPCO staff.
- help at the popular Daniel Freeman Lecture Series at House of Hope Presbyterian Church.
- be among creators of each year’s most volunteer-intensive project – the Holiday Party/Auction. Friends select the location and catering, solicit items for the auction and act as a host/hostess at the event.
- welcome musicians and Friends to the popular After-the-Concert Beer and Pizza Party.
- greet and provide direction and information to participants in Camp SPCO, an adult chamber music weekend workshop led by SPCO musicians for local amateur instrumentalists.
- assist with the reception for student participants and SPCO coaches of Saturday Special, a high school chamber coaching program in partnership with the Greater Twin Cities Youth Symphony.
We invite you to get involved!
Volunteer if you can; we would love to work with you. But if you can’t volunteer at this time, you are most welcome to come, participate and enjoy.